Sunday, September 18, 2011

Web Journal Assignment 2

I realized that I switched the reading assignment and the web journal assignment.  The assignment is to pick out identity symbols, and mine are as follows.
 Coffee is the life blood of my family.  We love to drink strong black coffee.
 One thing that I feel is very characteristic of my family is the importance of home cooked food.  We love to cook new foods and we each have something that has become our specialty that we make when together again.
 One side of my family is still pretty recent in regards to how long they have been in the United States.  It was only four generations ago when they still lived in Finland.  I chose a map as a symbol because I still have family overseas and my family has  always been very open towards learning about the world.
 Everyone in my family plays a musical instrument, and music is something that is always present in the home as well as at larger family gatherings.  
Religion is important to my family.  We are Christian.  I decided to take a picture of this wall hanging because it used to be my grandma's and it is depicting Jerusalem and it fits this class topic.  

1 comment: